Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Bolt, the fulfillment division of Golden Hippo, is currently looking for a Facilities Manager who will provide leadership and supervision to the facilities team. The individual will direct the management of the day-to-day shift activities of the assigned team, intervening as necessary to ensure the teams goals and results are consistent with company direction. The Facilities Manager will work with the facilities team members to develop their full potential through constant communication, training, feedback, and coaching. This role, in conjunction with the team, is responsible for tracking and documenting facilities and safety KPIs, planning and scheduling maintenance work, updating equipment and maintaining department files. The successful candidate will have knowledge of commonly used maintenance terminology, concepts, practices, and procedures.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Supports the facilities team in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of facilities functions
- Track weekly work order completion by the facilities department
- Conducts daily and weekly department team meetings
- Weekly planning and scheduling of maintenance department work
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment, by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors
- Supports safety committee in achieving departmental and plant safety goals
- Identifies, develops and implements safety, quality, and productivity best practices across the Facilities department
- Manages team members performance; including, responsible for employee relations issues along with required discipline
- Provides a communication network between direct reports and middle and upper management by facilitating meetings with team members and constant one-on-one interaction.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 3-5 years’ experience in a facility management role
- Degree in management
- Ability to participate in cross-functional initiatives and lead teams of individuals
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) in English with all levels of work force including custodians, technicians, production workers, engineers and upper level management
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Proficient with the use of computer-based tools MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An understanding of facility/production maintenance
- Experience managing a fleet of Material Handling Equipment
- Experience managing multi-level racking maintenance facility set up
- Experience with forklift training for employees
- Ability to manage 3rd party contractor performance and expectations
- Self-driven, focused individual with strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity and leadership
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo