Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Bolt, the fulfillment division of Golden Hippo, is currently looking for a Human Resources Assistant who will support the day-to-day operations and provide comprehensive support to the daily operation of the Human Resources department in areas including, but not limited to, payroll processing, Paycom HRIS updates, benefits, onboarding, and HR administration.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- Fun company perks and events
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- This position will support 2 Managers/Generalists with administrative, event, and project assistance support. Serve as a primary user for Paycom HR transactions, timecard adjustments, including onboarding and off-boarding, personnel action forms, regular and ad hoc reporting, and safety & security audits.
- Provide coverage during the front office receptionist lunches and absences
- Prepare, review, and distribute all onboarding, new hire, transfer, and separation communications. Process new-hire packages, exceptions, transfers, and promotions.
- Respond to employee questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Supports recruiting efforts where needed. i.e. screens resumes and schedules interviews and supports the administration of temporary employees and invoice reconciliation.
- Oversee employee safety equipment voucher program.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of all employee related events.
- Other duties as assigned.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- 2-3 years HR experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Human Resources certifications, training or professional Human Resources affiliation preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Excellent data entry and documentation skills. Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding follow through skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive data.
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs/style and HR partnership.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs; must be proficient in office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and creation of HRIS reports; Paycom experience preferred.
- Will have a high level of access to confidential and business information and will be expected to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion regarding all matters, data and documents.
Golden Bolt is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Bolt just might be the place for you.